Friday, October 24, 2008

Taking sides

I have always have problems taking sides. Every time I hear someone saying why A is better than B I might agree until I hear B's fans reasons. I am realizing that one of the reasons my life is a bit of a mess (just a tiny bit) is because I can almost never make a decision or take a side and stick to it. I profoundly (is that a real word?) admire people who have a definite way of seeing life and do not change, it might be good or very bad but it takes courage and a lot of effort...good for you one side thinkers or followers. In the past 10 yrs I have been a Catholic and Atheist an almost muslim and know I just do not know where I stand...:) I am married to a guy who takes sides but it is understanding of other people ways of seeing life (even though he thinks they are nuts) I do learn a lot from him but still can't make my mind!!!

Off to feed a hungry 3 month old!

1 comment:

Mama to Monkeys said...

You know, it's funny, I never used to be a "sides" kind of girl. I used to waffle a lot, root for the underdog, root for whomever everyone else was rooting for (but still not knowing why), or I would just plain ignore the issue.

These days, after years and years of therapy, soul searching, and finding my *true* self, I usually find that before I take a "side", I have to do tons and tons of research, find out the pros and cons of both sides, and then as I'm going along I find that my gut guides me in one direction or another before my brain ever realizes it. And I usually recognize that life is one big gray area, and no one side is always going to be right or wrong.

Hats off to you, Caro, for knowing where you stand, even if that means not knowing where you stand. :)